Well-lit homes have a great nighttime charm that makes them stand out in almost any neighbourhood.
Beyond the standard lighting techniques, we found that utilising motion sensor lights in and around your home gives many homeowners peace of mind and lights their way come evening. Moreover, motion sensor lights aren’t just for the outdoors; they’re useful in a range of other situations as well.
Indoor motion sensor lighting can be utilised to provide a soothing ambient glow, illuminate a dark hallway or stairwell, or simply save energy. Read on to learn more about the charm and functionality of motion sensor lights.
The Technology of Motion-Sensing Lights
Motion sensor lights detect movement by employing an electronic “eye” that detects heat waves emitted by moving objects within their area of view. The light will then stay on for a predetermined amount of time or until the movement stops. When no more sun rays are detected, the light is activated using daylight sensors.
The Advantages to Using Motion Sensor Lights
Motion sensor lights, in addition to being a low-cost decorative lighting option, have the following advantages:
- They keep criminals at bay. Criminals may try to get access to your property to steal or vandalise it. Lighting the perimeter of your home, on the other hand, will deter burglars.
- They keep intruders away. By strategically installing lights around your home, you, your neighbours, and police officers will be able to detect any intruders.
- They prevent falls and accidents. Because the path to your front door may be dark at night, making visibility difficult, installing motion sensors or daylight sensor lighting can help prevent falls.
- They ward off creatures and wild animals. Skunks and bunnies may wreak havoc on your lawn and flower beds, but when the light is switched on, they disappear.
Motion Sensor Lighting Is a Sustainable Choice
Electricity usage reduction is both ecologically excellent and cost-effective. Using motion sensor lights both inside and outside will save you money by keeping your lights on all night.
Additionally, you can help the environment while saving money on your power bill by shutting off lights or installing motion sensor switches. With this, your home utility savings could range between 35 per cent and 45 per cent off your electricity bill.
The Most Powerful Motion Sensors
There are now so many different motion lights available that you can quickly outfit your entire home with them. While choosing the suitable motion sensor for your application might be challenging, assess and select by filtering options that fit your needs and the electrical requirements.
Indoor sensors can be utilised for a wide range of applications, including the following:
- When you enter and exit a room, occupancy sensors activate and deactivate lights.
- While vacancy sensors must be activated manually, they automatically turn off lights when you leave.
- Occupancy and vacancy sensors alter the brightness of the lights to your preference.
- Outside motion detectors should be fitted to illuminate all pathways leading to entrance doors. Sensor lighting is also useful for lighting patios, decks, swimming pools, and stairwells.
- Install sensor lights at your home’s entrances, fence gates, dark portions of your yard, and locations where trees and plants are grown for additional security. Installation is simple and takes approximately 15 minutes. If you’re not comfortable working on this yourself, you can always employ an electrician.
More than interior designing and picking out your furniture, homemaking may also involve setting the atmosphere and mood of your house through your lighting choices. Additionally, you may also enhance the security of your home by using new lighting technology such as motion sensor lights. This way, you hit all the birds with a single stone!
Are you looking for residential electrical services in Ballarat? Hitch Smart is the only name you need to know for electrical repairs! Our team of trained electricians is here to assist you with all of your commercial and residential needs, including installations, repairs, and swaps. With us, you can be worry-free as we rapidly diagnose and fix all your problems. Call us today and experience great service!